Poll

Extras services?

If I need I'll pay
I'll never pay for services
Don't know

Author Topic: New services  (Read 33352 times)

Tastes Like Future

Re: New services
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 04:38:06 AM »
Sounds pretty legitimate. Now if I could find a hack to put up a paypal button so I could afford to have you do any services. Lol.

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
    • http://www.btiteam.org
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »
there is already a paypal block in last release...
Please don't PM me about question already asked in forum!

Help or support requested using PM will be billed 50 euros/hour, minimum 1 hour; support on forum is free.

Offline TreetopClimber

• Design Admin
  • just me :o)
    • xBtit Demo
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 05:26:36 AM »
It sounds like your leaning towards what torrent trader has already done (torrent-trader club). Make a private site/forum members only who have paid,
for new hacks, upgrades and styles. I paid for it when I used there tracker so I guess I would again here.
Theme Designer for SMF, BTIT, XBTIT, XBTITFM, XBTIT DTFM & XBTIT DTDC !!
PLEASE DO NOT "PM" ME FOR PERSONAL SUPPORT!! Keep all questions on the board so all can benefit.

BTIT DEMO >> http://ttdzynz.ddns.net/btit/ <<

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 08:57:47 AM »
It sounds like your leaning towards what torrent trader has already done (torrent-trader club). Make a private site/forum members only who have paid,
for new hacks, upgrades and styles. I paid for it when I used there tracker so I guess I would again here.
no, your wrong it's absolutly nothing to do with "private club"... repeat myself:
- BtitTracker is and will remain free and open source.
- no supporter club.
- just think you can buy services as anything else you buy in the life.
- free hacks will allways been published here.
- even paid hack (accepted by "customer") will be published here.

Help or support requested using PM will be billed 50 euros/hour, minimum 1 hour; support on forum is free.

miwa

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 01:08:54 PM »
Hi,

As first Lupin you give great work, but i want somethings to say.
I understand you,the admins have also money from donations.
I have alltimes used btit, i find it nice and te members to, but i have posted problems and nobody answer me.
As first from the btit 1.3.2 and i go back to the plessurdome and Search for big differences in stats figures works not more, there have i also no answer. I have leave now btit and why i have think from there is no support.
Now heave you it idea from pay for some mod's but as i think i have no support and problems have what have i am then on a mod. It is not bad to you, i say alltimes you give good work but more people thinks there is no support.

I think that everyone here a new version from pleasurdome want

I think you can ask money as here more support are.

Sorry for my bad english

Best regards
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:04:00 PM by miwa »

locutius

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 07:10:28 PM »
i would also like to see hosting offered too as part of the package along with priority support and customisation. it would very much take the pain out of being a site owner if all i had to do was pay a monthly fee for my admin password and access to the db. then if i want the site customised i make a request to lupin and he gets it done. very nice  ;D

today, if you want to be a site owner then you also must be a linux guru, a server admin, a MySQL expert, an Apache expert, a security expert, and do your day job (i think lupin also has a day job). everything we can do to remove these barriers has got to be good for the community. making it easy to own and operate a site will do much to popularise bittorrent, increase the number of trackers, and bring filesharing to the greater public

i think some of the guys are not understanding open source and have the idea backwards. one excellent example of open source working beautifully is the RedHat, Fedora Core, CentOS community. all source is open and developed in the Fedora Core arena, then RedHat takes the best of the source and bundles a commercial enterprise distro RHEL with support etc. then CentOS takes the RHEL strips out the commercial branding and releases the enterprise version back into the community for no fee

so you see that the hacks are developed first in the community arena and are always available to everyone. the person who buys the commercial version is basically buying support and other extras like customisation, he is paying for a special relationship

henrynobel

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 04:22:02 PM »
sounds good to me, whateva lupin decides he will have my support  ;D

Evil

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 11:33:05 AM »
Hi Lupin .My site which using BtitTracker script is lapache.info - 2 years old.I have will to pay you for some extra service.My hosting support told me that the script makes millions tables and errors in to the mysql database.
[11:53] Patty: hello, are you around ?
[11:55] Evil: yes, how may I help
[11:55] Patty: your domain lapache.info is making too much errors in error log

[error] PHP Warning:  mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /domains/lapache-info/lapache/www_root/torrent/include/functions.php on line 740
 [error] PHP Warning:  mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /domains/lapache-info/lapache/www_root/torrent/include/functions.php on line 743
 [error] PHP Warning:  mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /domains/lapache-info/lapache/www_root/torrent/include/functions.php on line 741
 [error] PHP Warning:  mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'nobody@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /domains/lapache-info/lapache/www_root/torrent/include/functions.php on line 743
 [error] PHP Warning:  mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'nobody@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /domains/lapache-info/lapache/www_root/torrent/include/functions.php on line 740

coul'd you please look at it ?
[11:56] Patty: also lapache.info database is making millions tables in database...
[11:56] Evil: yes, I'll try to fix it but the script is not writen by me and it's hard to fix all bugs there
[11:57] Patty: please tell maker of this script.. that a script is making millions new tables in lapache database
[11:58] Patty: names of new tables are like:
 x19329435857a9adaed1f939ce1edf788c79d0106
[11:59] Patty: currently there is 22 millions of tables
[12:00] Patty: it isn't normal
[12:00] Evil: lol
[12:02] Patty: please let me know
[12:04] Evil: is it possible to backup mysql database of the site and the content to.I'll try to upgrade the script with the last version
[12:05] Patty: not sure if it will be possible to backup database which has 22M tables.. ok I will try it
[12:05] Evil: ok, thanks
[12:08] Patty: done.. backuped
[12:11] Evil: thanks.I'll try to fix it

[12:11] Patty: ok
  Is it possible to upgrade the script with the last version including all stable hacks and extras for me without losing the site content and if it's possible to fix this millions tables in to the mysql.I have will to pay for this service.I need some custom things to like post reply notification, automatic mail user notification on some events .Plese let me know if you interested, how much do you want to be payed for this, and how would you like to make the transaction.Please, contact me on my ICQ to discuss the details.
 Best Regards
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:52:50 AM by Evil »

lyrmat

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 12:11:44 AM »
OMFG   :o

This isn't normal, indeed............. 22 Millions  :o .....

To respond from the vote, I'll be able to pay for a special demand....and why not think a a package....

Thanks Lupin

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 08:56:44 AM »
Hi Lupin .My site which using BtitTracker script is lapache.info - 2 years old.I have will to pay you for some extra service.My hosting support told me that the script makes millions tables and errors in to the mysql database.
millions tables...  ::)
you can upgrade your tracker yourself if you want without losing anything.
ask me in PM if you want.

WeNDoR

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 04:22:19 PM »
i like this tracker VERRY much ... but i votet NO because i can't pay because i don't have how to do it ... no paypal no credit-card in romania

gAnDo

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2006, 04:33:17 AM »
You do not need to pay.
The tracker is FREE.
All this means is that if you want a 'custom hack' which nobody will code for you for free then you can offer to pay people for it.

torrenttracker.eu

Don't know!!!
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 03:09:43 AM »
Hi!
I am ocsi from hungary!
I just read our comments in this topic.
My opinion is, that open source is great, but job is not less with it, only the money.
If btit would be the really best tracker source (it is pretty nice and cool yet, but some functions i am missing...), i would pay for it.
Say we maximum 1$ or 1€ pro month.
I do not know how many btit trackers are running, but i am sure there are a lot of.
Hopefully if half of them would pay this fee, it could be enough to work more on the source.
There is a other solution, which could be working.
If somebody pays for a extra solution, say we beetween 10-50 eur usd (equal), it would be built in for everyone, so it would be free, only the job would be payed...
Both could work together, and i am shure it would be great for the source code...
In few months, btit could be the very best tracker source...
BUT!!!
It is important, that installs, upgrades, etc are easy to do, almost automatic, and multilingual is important too, so a lot of peoples would use btit(hopefully more as yet) as a source...
It should have to be easy to use, install, upgrade etc..., like now, only more "clickable"
 functions, to being able maximize private "requests"/settings, and security...
I am sure this is pretty hard to do, but i think this is what a lot of not professional php/mysql programmer peoples would need, like me.
If you want this source to be used and payed a lot, it has to be easy to use, like in OS-es, and softwares on (i did not want, but i have to write this:) windows pcs.
Tracker hosting could be usefull, it is possible to save a lot of money(domain, webhosting, bandwith, cpu-time etcetcetc), for example non-private trackers could easy and fast syncronize with another, if the owner wants this...

Sorry for my english, a hope you understand what i tried to write.
Bye:
ocsi

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 09:34:27 AM »
- In last 1.4.1 there an installer which is exactly like other wizards, just a "click next" :)
- More functions: imho, better basic functions on "official" versions and more securized oriented, there is always hacks ;)
- I remember that all developement is made with our spare time, nobody is paied for developing here, and I can tell you that donations are very very low...

NowakFilip

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 03:54:49 AM »
It would be a good idea, if the poll votes would be updated at least twice a month. <<Lupin  ;D