Poll

Extras services?

If I need I'll pay
I'll never pay for services
Don't know

Author Topic: New services  (Read 33910 times)

locutius

Re: New services
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »
i would like to see a commercial release of btit with installation help, extra features, professional customisation and full support services. nothing at all to do with what is happening here which stays as is, open source

i would pay for it

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
    • http://www.btiteam.org
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 11:50:33 AM »
For example, if someone asks you to create a hack that allows moderation of torrents - after receiving payment will this hack be made available publicly and later be included into new versions BtitTracker? Or since the customer paid for it, will it be withheld from BtitTracker development?
This will be decided together with the requester. Note that the actual 1.3.x will be (most probably) the last for this version, next stage (as already said) will be mkbtit and v.2
Are there any plans for making mkbit a paid service?
No, will be free.

@Str82u
You're right, that's exactly what my first post mean. ;)

i would like to see a commercial release of btit with installation help, extra features, professional customisation and full support services. nothing at all to do with what is happening here which stays as is, open source

i would pay for it

Maybe in near future you'll found some news :D
Please don't PM me about question already asked in forum!

Help or support requested using PM will be billed 50 euros/hour, minimum 1 hour; support on forum is free.

gAnDo

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »
I would like to think that even if somebody paid for a hack then they would release it on this forum after it was paid for.
Afterall we are an opensource community...
I certianly would.
What I wouldnt like to see is people who have paid for hacks selling them on to other people so they can make there money back, although I expect some people will try to do this.
If this starts happening then the whole open source idea is gone.

Fredrik123

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 08:33:30 PM »
I'll understand your need for some kind of small payments for all your time your putting in to this project, but I would rather donate you some money than paying for a script. I'm sure the others feel the same way as I. What about some encourage on the site/tracker to donate to you?

bidouilleur

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
Hi guys :)
Personnally i trust you Lupin and personns who work on btit.Ater all the hours of work you've done and share with us for free, we only just say great respect, and there isn't a lot of personns like you.
I trust btit community continue to be like it is actually.
So for my opinion it's normal to be paid if you do personnal job for someone and i hope you'll have a lot of request ;)

Sorry for my english, it would be more clear in French  ;D
Lupin et à tous les codeurs developpeurs etc... encore merçi pour tout ce que vous faites (perso j'apprends beaucoup avec vous)

@+

CodeMaster

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 04:35:52 PM »
I would like to think that even if somebody paid for a hack then they would release it on this forum after it was paid for.
Afterall we are an opensource community...
I certianly would.
What I wouldnt like to see is people who have paid for hacks selling them on to other people so they can make there money back, although I expect some people will try to do this.
If this starts happening then the whole open source idea is gone.

I must agree with gAnDo,

I think this will affect open source all together and in time make this a private source like Invision and VB
where you must pay for all uploads and pay different amounts for different degrees of supoort..
Maybe not at the moment , but may happen in the future..

In saying that, if Lupin feels that he needs a return for the investment of time and his coding skills (above most that I have seen) maybe Lupin should offer a personal service beyound BTIT Team, but I am afraid that we would lose Lupin in the
long term due to demand.

I feel Lupin is one of the largest assist among others and they do know whom they are, but I must agree with  gAnDo
again , we will lose what I feel has gaven the BTIT community, The leading edge over all other Trackers

Just my thoughts on the matter :)

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 10:06:01 AM »
The Btit comunity will obviously not change, I'd like to see more tracker's hacker and free hacks too :)

Don't be worry about the future of this opensource comunity/script, the script will be updated for free like it has been since the very first release, also with improvement.

Help or support requested using PM will be billed 50 euros/hour, minimum 1 hour; support on forum is free.

CodeMaster

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 01:26:05 PM »
The Btit comunity will obviously not change, I'd like to see more tracker's hacker and free hacks too :)

Don't be worry about the future of this opensource comunity/script, the script will be updated for free like it has been since the very first release, also with improvement.

@ Lupin, but don't get me wrong either..I also think that you are one of the most involved and dedicated coders
that I have seen and you often get just a small thank-you for your hard work and you do deserve more  :) for it.

I for one have learned so much from you and and from the other members here,
But I think you are a great coder and a nice person also and am glad our plaths have crossed.

Thank-you <-- (see another one)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:28:07 PM by CodeMaster »

Capn_Tripz

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 04:57:44 PM »
That is what I would like to see.  I would also like to see it in areas like:

custom hacks
custom themes
Priority Support
Installation - Operational Services

I think if these were priced out reasonably, then it would be a win for everyone.  The one that I would like most is Priority Help, so when I have a question I get answers quicker or code fixes is something is bugged.

That would also provide some funding for the site as well.  Even a little money to help out makes this a whole lot more fun  ;D

ponciarello

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 08:05:39 AM »
So for my opinion it's normal to be paid if you do personnal job for someone and i hope you'll have a lot of request ;)
how somone can't quote this?  :D

keep up the good work, Lupin!!! (siamo tutti con te!  :D )

cobracrk

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 03:56:35 PM »
i agree with gando...
when someone pays for a hack, he shoud release it on the tracker...
and maybe shoud be included in the next versions of btitracker...
i woud buy some cutom themes...this ones, i woudn't release...cause evry tracker must have it's unique theme(that's how i think so)...but hacks...shoud be published...

hope you understood what i was trying to say...

Btit RULZ!

Soul Destroyer

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 01:42:33 AM »
This sounds like a very cool and fair idea to me, and i plan on making full use of his services. :)

maczone

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 02:25:22 AM »
Need the hack but no money.
 ;D

gAnDo

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 02:44:45 AM »
prostitution?

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 09:39:28 AM »