Poll

Extras services?

If I need I'll pay
I'll never pay for services
Don't know

Author Topic: New services  (Read 34091 times)

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
    • http://www.btiteam.org
New services
« on: May 05, 2006, 09:34:07 AM »
We decide to offert some extras services which will be made under specific request and will not be free, like
- custom hacks/modifications
- custom style
- initial setup
- custom integrations with cms/forum
- etc...

If interessed in something, pm me.
Please don't PM me about question already asked in forum!

Help or support requested using PM will be billed 50 euros/hour, minimum 1 hour; support on forum is free.

goldenboys10

Re: New services
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »
i think all members don't need to pay this b'cause this tracker shoud be a opensource. 

quimbo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 02:50:26 PM »
So if i develop a hack, what is my incentive for posting it back to the forum? 

I can possibly see the need for this for those people that merely say - give me this, how you do this, etc,

but there are lots of us who are not afraid to tinker with the code and develop our own modifications

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 03:29:06 PM »
i think all members don't need to pay this b'cause this tracker shoud be a opensource. 
Should I also give free hosting for your tracker?  ;D

I've said this from the begining:
- tracker is free and opensource
- support on this forum is free and will remain (no premium account or what else)

Somes extras requested services will be not free (in other world the developement of the tracker will continue and will remain free, but if you ask me to customize your tracker, maybe I'll ask you to pay me), understand?

Don't want to pay me for hack or custome work, make it yourself.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 03:38:08 PM by Lupin »

Help or support requested using PM will be billed 50 euros/hour, minimum 1 hour; support on forum is free.

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 03:36:32 PM »
So if i develop a hack, what is my incentive for posting it back to the forum? 

I can possibly see the need for this for those people that merely say - give me this, how you do this, etc,

but there are lots of us who are not afraid to tinker with the code and develop our own modifications
You misundertood me.
I'll ask some payment not for using the tracker or what else, but only for specific request directed to me:
someone: please Lupin make me a hack for moderating torrents and autoupload on torrentspy
me: yes, I can do this, it need work, so it will cost you

Don't understand what's wrong  ???

If you ask an electric man to make something at home for you, you pay him, or not?

The use of the forum will remain free, use of all published hack (present and future) will remain free (I pay for the forum hosting).

I put the work on script for free (and I can say I already have put many and mane private hours in it), I put the forum support for free (I use 1 hour each day from my free time to do this).

MarbolanGos

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »
When I first read the post I though btit won't be free in some times.

With your post I understand and so I am agree with you.

For example you wanted to be paid if someone asked you for the installation and configuration of btit on his servers. Not if he asks some questions on the forum.

That's a great thing for those who are totally lost.

cobracrk

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »
have you considered on puting some ads on this forum... i woud click them evry time i enter it, and i guess most of people here woud do the same... don't you guys?

popf

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 05:59:30 PM »
so ,what's range of the pay ?

min ? max ?   ;D

if payment is not too .....

gAnDo

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 03:20:50 AM »
I understand where you are coming from...
Afterall you work your ass off for bti and recieve no cash in return.
I have released afew hacks on this forum.... but it wasnt because people have asked for them (dont have the time) but because I felt my tracker needed them (or members asked).
If people arent willing to sit down and learn php/mysql but still want to run a tracker then they shouldnt expect 0day support/hacks.
I have seen people getting pissed off in this forum when their questions havent been answered after 1 hour! :o
At the end of the day this is, and will stay a community of tracker owners/coders sharing their knowledge, but if some n00b who isnt willing/able to create there own hacks then why not?!
One thing I do ask tho.... If somebody makes a hack for money then will they post it? If they dont then the open source idea will be gone....

Ba7ebahaaa

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 06:48:29 AM »
atm i can't pay for any services, however i can manage my own tracker from installation to some small edits

i still can't make a hack from scratch but i can edit some things in the made hacks

but i still admit that when someone makes something and spend his time/effort to make it, then he has the right to ask for something in return

lupin can decide what to give for free and what to give for money

same goes for eveyone else, someone might make all his hacks paid but other may offer all the hacks they make for free and others may offer some for free and some for cash

it depends on everyone's desire  ;)

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 08:48:02 AM »
have you considered on puting some ads on this forum... i woud click them evry time i enter it, and i guess most of people here woud do the same... don't you guys?
I probably will do this also. I don't want incoming, I just said "I can make personalized hacks, installations, or what else, but I'll ask money for doing this" nothing else.

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 08:48:38 AM »
so ,what's range of the pay ?

min ? max ?   ;D

if payment is not too .....
no price list, it depend of the work.

Offline Lupin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 08:50:26 AM »
If somebody makes a hack for money then will they post it? If they dont then the open source idea will be gone....
if someone pay for a hack, the hack is him, so the owner (not the developer) will decide if making it public or not...

@Ba7ebahaaa & gAnDo
you have understand what i mean ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 08:52:24 AM by Lupin »

Rav33n

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »
someone: please Lupin make me a hack for moderating torrents

I'm sure no one has problems with developers earning money for *customized* hacks and layouts and whatever else for trackers, but if developers of btittracker start requesting payment for hacks that would otherwise be included in the tracker.. what happens to the development and evolution of btittracker?

For example, if someone asks you to create a hack that allows moderation of torrents - after receiving payment will this hack be made available publicly and later be included into new versions BtitTracker? Or since the customer paid for it, will it be withheld from BtitTracker development?

Just expressing my worries :) BtitTracker is great and I'd hate to see development slow down.

Are there any plans for making mkbit a paid service?

Str82u

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 05:17:07 PM »
The way I uderstand Lupin is not to charge for hacks that members create and donate for the sake of improving everyones tracker, but if I have a site and want him to make a tracker version that works for me, then I should pay him.  Also, if someone needs a very specific hack for thier users that others may not need, then they should pay for the extra work, otherwise who would bother to do it for them?
Another thing about that is some folks on other CMS Sites pay for custom work, like design/layout changes to suit thier sites, then turn around and post it on the forum for others to get for free, and since they paid for it they can, but it would be unfaur if Lupin did the work, got paid, then put it out for anyone else to get for free.  I think the point he is making is if there is work to be done that no one else needs, why do it for free?  I would expect to pay for someones knowledge if I didn't want to learn myself.