Spammers

• 27 Replies

offshore coders

Re: Spammers
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 06:34:15 am »
When I join 1 forum. After full-filling and clicking on Registration, I receive warning that they won't allow spammer join their forum. I didn't do anything so why they ban me ??? Can anyone help?? Thanks

DennisDee

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 02:12:18 pm »
You use dynamic IP? If you do, then is possible that someone with that IP spammed before on that forum. Also write to administrator of that forum. I had same issue on few pages, where they used one of the spammer protectors and they recognized me as spammer -.-. Anyway, it allways help to notify administrator for that and as allways, copy him your IP. By that he can check, why were you blocked.

Greetings,
D.

yimseo

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 03:52:22 pm »
I think the Administrator should not block the IP Address. Because most countries they used Dynamic IP not a Fixed IP. So, You could find a new solution to stop spammer, Such as a giving some question to asked when register the forum, where they can find easily via search engine. They have to answer before register.

Hope this help!

Regards,
bright

pickyj

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 04:13:02 pm »
the same spam is also happening on my forums

the spam is coming from a program (i do not give the name) which searches for forums, registers, then posts

the solution is an image code for forum registration (i have not yet looked for it, if you find one for smf plz post)
a possible solution:
part of register.php:
Code: [Select]
<?php
$num1
=rand(0,9);
$num2=rand(0,9);
?>

<form action="validate.php" method="post">
 <input type="hidden" name="num1" value="<?php echo $num1?>" />
 <input type="hidden" name="num2" value="<?php echo $num2?>" />
 <p>Please calculate: <?php echo $num1 " + " $num2?>
 <input type="text" name="answ" />
</form>
and on validate.php:
Code: [Select]
<?php
$num1
=$_POST['num1'];
$num2=$_POST['num2'];
$answ=$_POST['answ'];
$correct=$num1 $num2;

if (
$answ == $correct)
{
echo 
"You're not a bot!";
} else {
echo 
"Wrong calculation!";
}
?>

Privacy

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 09:08:07 pm »
i had the same problem on my old site but even when i set the email to require validation they still got past it what i did was make a question that only a human would know in a custom profile feild like what is 550 - 20 if they didnt put 30 then they wouldnt be able o join

nay27uk

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 11:30:43 pm »
firts off al try upgarding to the latest version of SMF and update your script to use it aswell, the latest although still in beta is SMF 2.0 RC4 I have used SMF since its interception at V0.3 and the most stable to date is the curent BETA
SMF 2.0 RC4
Downloadable here http://download.simplemachines.org/ halfway down the page I have ran 15 forums using this beta and it is so far the most secure and stable release, lots of non spam stuff strait out of the box

Petr1fied

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 11:58:54 pm »
We're fine with the stable release thanks. Spammers will find both their posts and their accounts deleted in short order so they're wasting their time. And as for signature spammers we have a special treatment for them. ;)

With regards to the integration we won't update it until SMF 2.0 until it is officially released. We have no intention of having to rewrite the integration everytime a new SMF Release Candidate comes out.

nay27uk

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 12:24:26 am »
No problem was just bringing your atention to it as I tried to install your script with WHAT YOU SAY, THE LATEST VERSION OF SMF. and it f***ed the install up completley. YOU also say during the install pages to use the exact same database settings for SMF as you did when you installed this script.... when I did this I enter'd xbtit as the SMF tables thingy and although installed the site would never load, MAYBE you should rewrite your instructions as some of SMF's tables are named exactly the same, for example SMF_SETTINGS changing the table structure to xbtit_ would infact name the SMF table SMF_SETTINGSto XBTIT_SETTINGS. IT AINT GONNAWORK>>>>
I had to delete everything from my DB and from my SUB DOMAIN and reinstall your script using the built in forum then and only then would it work even after downloading SMF V1-1-12 wich is the latest version, the main one and the latest stable release, the one before the beta I was refering to, Still wont work still have to have it as the internal one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:34:59 am by nay27uk »

Offline friendly

• +0/-0
    • Friendly Styles
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 12:57:42 am »
when you install smf within xbtit you use the same db you install xbtit in but keep the smf_ prefix for smf install tables, after installing smf close the window and your browser will still have xbtit instalation screen, where the option is to use internal forum change to simplemachines forum and it should work within the iframe of your tracker once you complete installation of xbtit and login to your tracker

nay27uk

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 01:08:55 am »
I alredy tried it keeping the original SMF_ as the table names using the same database, but with the latest version of SMF, although the BETA, just says when I click next, "SMF could not be found in the database click here to go back" what a load of crap, SMF 2.0 Beta is the most security and best running with absolutly "NO BUGS" version to date.

The tart that replied to my last post needs to try 2.0 Beta for at least 6 weeks on here before knocking it. "BELIVE ME IT IS THE MOST STABLE VERSION EVER" I am an avid SMF user since version 0.3 if you dont belive me go to the smf website and serarch for user nay27uk and see when I joined, one of my oldest posts is here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=135213.msg872830#msg872830  "LOOK AT THE DATE" used it way befor this but only needed to post as of 2006.

This is the link to my Profile http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=32464 look at the date registered
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:38:30 am by nay27uk »

Offline friendly

• +0/-0
    • Friendly Styles
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 01:12:38 am »
try with 1.1.12 i installed that fine today i cant see much has changed in the beta version to be honest

cdx1

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 06:51:59 pm »
even SMF SITE do not recommend using rc4 bata on a live site. the version we use is fine there will always be spammers on large sites such as this one thinking they can earn a few quid by posting silly ads. But we will find them and remove them

Petr1fied

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 07:58:04 pm »
The whole point of having database prefixes is to prevent table name clashes. It's just common sense not to use the same database prefix when you install 2 separate pieces of software into a single database. Perhaps our instructions could be clearer but no matter how simple you make instructions there's always someone who won't read them anyway.

The tart that replied to my last post needs to try 2.0 Beta for at least 6 weeks on here before knocking it.

Now that's the kind of comment that's sure to make people feel like helping you.  ::)

Nobody is knocking SMF 2.0, I'm sure it works fine but until it is out of the Release Candidate stage we will not upgrade our integration code to support it. Oh and this tart is the one who wrote the integration code that's in xbtit right now so feel free to keep the insults coming because it's sure to help motivate me to work on an SMF 2.0 integration when they finally get around to officially releasing it.