dockerizing xbtit

• 0 Replies

Offline fatdragon

• +0/-0
dockerizing xbtit
« on: September 15, 2018, 06:47:45 pm »
Hi Guys,

So was able to restore the server that had crashed and put time and to clean up as much as I could and had to put it on old vintage server for the time!
it is serving around 5400ms avg but most people outside of USA are suffering with very slow responses.

So as of few weeks ago I started allocating another new server to application in my lab.
This server has most of the latest technology poc that I have been building gradually. mesosphere, kubernetes, chef, ansible, docker, diagrams, monitoring, mail, LAMP containers and transmissions and other stuff!

I have been building/architecting infrastructures for lots of companies for more than 30yrs, it is time to update latest goodies into my lab infrastructure.

Right now I am dockerizing my old 2.x xbtit, separating apache/php from mysql , two containers. progress has been good, mysql 5.7 is up, apache/php 5 I am getting it just right and putting in same docker network as other container..

then I am planning on another proxy server in frontend network

Should have it done soon. few last hurdles... fun and hopefully server will have a good response time when I get done with it!

my lab also is gathering wiki docs around my projects. that's the only way to move them forward..since I do so many tasks during the day for others and myself, the best place is a wiki when I get back let's say after few weeks and I can see where left something at and no need to remember things all the time, if it is written down or on the internet! lol!  ;D

I post any new cool findings related to this project that might be beneficial to folks here..

-fatdragon